News & Updates
Higher degree by research (PhD) opportunity to optimise blood product use in Australia
We are seeking expressions of interests from candidates who wish to apply for a PhD in the Blood Synergy research program. More than one position is potentially available, and part-time enrolment will be considered. Candidates would ideally have a background in medicine or clinical sciences, and an interest in haematology, transfusion medicine, critical care, emergency/trauma, surgery, and/or health economics. Your PhD research will form part of the Blood Synergy program of research that focuses on improving patient outcomes and making better use of blood products, aligned with the objectives of the Blood Synergy, and in one of the following target areas: critical bleeding, critical illness, blood diseases or immunoglobulin use.
Blood is a precious natural resource. Your project will provide new evidence to optimise clinical practice in Australia by addressing evidence gaps that still exist around how blood is used, clinical outcomes, patient and clinician preferences, and costs. Dependent on your prior clinical or research experience, and areas of interest, the project will be tailored to focus on patient blood management and health economics in critical bleeding, critical care, blood diseases or immunoglobulin use.
A stipend of up to $42,000 per annum is available for 3 years, which may be converted to top-up funding if candidates receive a university or national PhD scholarship. Additional support is available for project resources and conference attendance.
Applicants must fulfil the criteria for PhD admission to an institution associated with the primary supervisor (and Blood Synergy investigator). For example, minimum entry requirements for Monash University are detailed here: https://www.monash.edu/admissions/entry-requirements/minimum
How to apply
To be considered, please email your CV, academic transcript, and a brief cover letter (<300 words) detailing your relevant experience and interests to email@example.com by August 1, 2021
Opportunity for a research academic (Level B-D) to join our team
We’re looking for an enthusiastic research academic to join the Blood Synergy to help drive forward research and practice in transfusion medicine.
Candidates should have a doctoral qualification with postdoctoral research experience in a relevant field, and will need to demonstrate a track record of research excellence relative to opportunity. The successful applicant will be appointed at the academic level commensurate to their experience. Candidates with clinical experience in haematology, trauma medicine, oncology or critical care will be highly regarded.
This position will provide outstanding opportunities (appropriate to the level of appointment) for:
- Building a research agenda focused on improving blood transfusion practice and outcomes
- Leadership in research, clinical translation and/or health policy
- Development of expertise in one or more specialty fields relevant to transfusion, such as haematology, emergency medicine/trauma, critical care, clinical trials, or health economics
- Analysis of data from trials, registries and/or data linkages, surveys and other datasets
- Engaging in collaborative ventures with research leaders nationally and internationally
- Independent and collaborative research, including oversight of specific Blood Synergy projects, development of new projects, data analysis and grant writing
- Supervision of students and junior staff
- Maintaining links with local and overseas collaborators, and
- Presentation of findings at a range of local, national and international conferences and meetings, and preparation of manuscripts for publication of research outcomes
How to apply
If you are interested in exploring this opportunity further please send your CV and a statement outlining evidence of research excellence as it relates to this position (<1 page) to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 20, 2021
Coming Soon …